Every company has its own reasons for becoming more sustainable.
Here are just a few benefits:
- Cost Reduction: Having a Sustainability Plan that reduces waste, water and energy reduces your environmental impact, but also makes the company more efficient and reduces costs. Check out the many examples!
- Enhanced Brand Value and Increased Competitive Advantage: Brand reputation is one of the most valuable assets for a company. Being a sustainable business shows that it is proactive in preventing harm and protecting human and ecosystem health. It also demonstrates that it cares about the social/environmental impacts throughout the entire supply chain. This is incredibly attractive to an increasingly growing market.
- Risk Management: Business Resiliency and Risk Management is new to sustainability vocabulary; however reducing risk will build stronger more resilient businesses and Communities for the future.
- Energy Efficiency: Reducing energy use, means reducing the bill. It can have a big impact on the bottom line.
- Increased Employee Retention and Recruitment: Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Programs are attracting highly talented recent graduates- A group that will lead the way for future innovation!
- Positive Social and Environmental Impacts: I had to mention it- You can reduce your negative impacts, save money and have a positive impact on the social and natural environment.